• About the forum

There are various help topics in the first section (WELCOME) of the forum. Here you can learn how to add a small photo of your self (Avatar) or add an automatic signature to all your messages. Please do not be embarrassed about asking in FORUM SUPPORT what you think are very obvious questions - you'll be surprised how many people will thank you!

At any time to get back to the main index click on the "Forum " tab or the "back" button of your brower.

Click on the X at the top right to dismiss this notice

A Celebration of Bread, Saturday 15th September 2-4.30pm Highfield Church Centre

Highfield Bread Club was started just under two years ago by a group of enthusiastic bread makers. we hope to spread this enthusiasm on Saturday 15th September with our Celebration of Bread. You can -
:) Come and watch talks and demonstrations about bread making by keen bread makers (several OTRA residents), including sourdough bread.
:) Enter a loaf you have made yourself. There are 5 categories for adults and juniors (8-16)- sourdough bread, soda bread, tea bread, flatbread and "my favourite loaf." Winners will receive small prizes kindly donated locally e.g. October Books, Trago's, Portswood Hardware. Entries should be brought between 2 -2.30pm.
:) Simply come along and have a very nice cup of tea and scones or cake....

We have set an entry fee at the door of £3.00 for adults and £1.00 for under 16s. The entry fees and any donations for tea and cakes will go to a new local charity called Caraway. Revd. Dr Erica Roberts has set up Caraway to promote the spiritual well-being of those in their later years in Southampton, both at home and in care, so that each older person continues to be significant and to flourish until the end of their life.

We do hope to see you on Saturday 15th September - Christine Benning, 21 Leigh Road.
ACOB flyer.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
Please tell Laurie that her bread is good enough, and it's supposed to be a bit of fun anyway! She could win a lovely prize such as tea for two at Trago's. I am worried that I shall have more prizes than entries.
We make sourdough pancakes sometimes too. Laurie might like to come along to Highfield Bread Club sometime. I can let you know the next date - in November - once confirmed.