• OTRA Coronavirus Neighbourly Care

Please look out for each other and our vulnerable residents

If you would like any help with supplies or just a chat, we have a list of volunteers see here

We have started a discussion on the forum for residents who are registered with OTRA see here

Please look out especially for the more vulnerable residents - help with shopping, keep in touch if they are in isolation - do whatever you can do to help.

Disinfect surfaces and shopping brought into your house. Wash your hands frequently especially after touching something handled by somebody else (letters, money, shopping items etc.)

Digging for victory... seedling exchange and distribution; spare small pots; help for new veg growers

Laurie

Resident
Morning everyone - my first veg seedlings are making an appearance (hurrah!) and I wondered if this might be a good time to make any extras available for neighbours who are interested in starting to grow their own. As I thin and repot them, I will post here. Hopefully will have some romanesco caulis and some interesting tomato plants soon.

If you buy potted herb plants from the supermarket, could you please save the pots? we will need more if we are exchanging plants...

Would also like to use this space to exchange help and advice for anyone struggling with veg gard - pooling experience could be really helpful right now.

Clare Price

Resident
I’m planning an alternative plant sale- was going to post message saying it will start soon as plants become ready I will put display out daily with honesty box but this year I would like donations to go to SCRATCH the charity that runs the food bank in Southampton a
and anyone who has plants to donate can bring round in usual way and leave in the drive and I’ll sort out. Do you think that’s ok?

Laurie

Resident
I’m planning an alternative plant sale- was going to post message saying it will start soon as plants become ready I will put display out daily with honesty box but this year I would like donations to go to SCRATCH the charity that runs the food bank in Southampton a
and anyone who has plants to donate can bring round in usual way and leave in the drive and I’ll sort out. Do you think that’s ok?
Thanks so much! I think that would be great - in a way it will be good to have plants as they are ready, so that people can get started planting as soon as possible.