• OTRA Coronavirus Neighbourly Care

Please look out for each other and our vulnerable residents

If you would like any help with supplies or just a chat, we have a list of volunteers see here

We have started a discussion on the forum for residents who are registered with OTRA see here

Please look out especially for the more vulnerable residents - help with shopping, keep in touch if they are in isolation - do whatever you can do to help.

Disinfect surfaces and shopping brought into your house. Wash your hands frequently especially after touching something handled by somebody else (letters, money, shopping items etc.)

Important News! OT Street Party 2020

Best days for a street party?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
picnic-1024x709.jpg
We are aiming to hold another party this year. Possible dates being suggested are:
  • Fri May 8 ( VE Day bank holiday)
  • Sun May 10 ( VE Day)
  • Sun June 7 (Big Lunch)
  • Sat August 15 (VJ Day)
  • Sun August 16 (VJ Day)
At the top of this announcement you will see a scheduler, please vote for the days you would be able to attend - you can tick as many as you like. Who knows, we might even have two parties. Time TBA but probably mid afternoon into the evening.

This could be anything from a simple road closure and social gathering to a big party with events etc. - all depending on whether we get enough volunteers to help.

Previous parties in 2009 and 2012 were a great success.

Please let us know if you, or anyone in your family (children welcome!), would like to volunteer to help with:
  • Pre-event organisation: admin/leaflets etc.
  • Working group meetings to discuss ideas
  • Events/activities
  • Security
  • Lending or setting up tables, chairs, cutlery - tidying up.
  • Refreshments (tea/coffee/bar etc.)
  • Other
Post on this thread or contact us online or by phone see here

Last edited:

Lyn B

Resident
I have done the form for free street closure (6 weeks in advance) for all dates that I can do (i e 4 dates, not the 10th May). Then hopefully everyone can make at least one of them. I put both Aug dates then if rains for first one, do second one. I've ticked my life away though - I will need others to read all the small print and help me.

Lyn B

Resident
I am keen to get a barn dance band - there must be residents who can play - as I can borrow music and I can "call" if needed. Although we might have to keep 1m away form each other....

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
How do we "tag" people to this conversation?
Type @ in front of their name Testing @Lyn B
I have done the form for free street closure (6 weeks in advance) for all dates that I can do (i e 4 dates, not the 10th May).
Well done!!! :)
I am keen to get a barn dance band - there must be residents who can play -
I have already enquired about getting a band, Saints Brass and put on the grant form. But barn dance band also great as with the last one.

David Dunn

Resident
Hi Pete

Thank you for this initiative. Provided the event takes places on a date that I'm available, I would be glad to help with
  • Events/activities
  • Security
  • Other
David Dunn

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Hi Pete

Thank you for this initiative. Provided the event takes places on a date that I'm available, I would be glad to help with
  • Events/activities
  • Security
  • Other
David Dunn
Oh dear, it's looking more like 8 May now as we can maybe get a grant for band on that day and Lyn can't do may 10

No grant for the Jun date available (But we'd still have the Big Lunch as usual)

August is going to be bad I think.

Last edited:

David Dunn

Resident
Thanks for trying, Pete. I can't make 9th either but Ceri probably can make 8th and there are surely lots more answers to come in and someone is always disappointed. Better if it's me on this occasion. Thanks for trying.

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
OK, Thanks David. So the 8th May it is then. Not a lot of time, but maybe that's a good thing. I'm closing the poll at May 8 - we had to move quickly - so it looks like we may at least have 10 people at the party.

I've put in a grant application to book Saints Brass (the marching band that play at Southampton FC) who are happy to have a bit of a jam session with any residents who are half decent musicians. (And me)

Very short notice and but let's go for it - thanks Lyn for doing the street closure - we'll try to rustle up some more violunteers to look into helping with other stuff.

Last edited: