• OTRA Coronavirus Neighbourly Care

If you would like any help with supplies or just a chat, we have a list of volunteers and Coronavirus info see here

Protecting the Isolated and Vulnerable During the Covid 19 Outbreak

Josie Brown

Secretary
Committee
Conservation
Chris and Juli and Owen
Many thanks for your offers. Could I take you up on them, please. We need one person to do half the South side of Blenheim Avenue, and one person to do half the North side. I have the printed leaflets.
Probably best of you ring me - I think I emailed you my phone nos.
Thank you very much
Josie

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Chris and Juli and Owen
Many thanks for your offers. Could I take you up on them, please. We need one person to do half the South side of Blenheim Avenue, and one person to do half the North side. I have the printed leaflets.

Note that it isn't just leafleting, it is knocking door to door and checking up on people, noting who is isolating or vulnerable and who is fine.

I will add Chris, Julie and owen to the Street rep discussion about the strategy

Last edited:

Lyn B

Resident
BTW Bitterne Box Co are open for new customers, and they deliver by www.facebook.com/bitterneboxco/ Big range of products.

"All boxes are entirely customisable and can be made to any price or content specifications - message us to see what we can do for you! ALL ORDERS BY 6PM MONDAYS PLEASE - ALL BAKERY ORDERS BY MIDDAY MONDAY PLEASE. All our boxes are delivered by electric van or cargo bike. Bike deliveries take place on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, in a similar manner to most parcel delivery. The box can be left in a safe place, so there is no need to be home."

JULI SPARROW

Resident
Passing on the message:

Just to say that the Roebridge Farm shop in Portswood shops (near Coffee#1) is willing to take telephone orders from local residents for groceries etc and then bag them and price them for collection from the shop. Tel 02380 555537

The Southampton Mutual Aid Group apparently could help deliver to those self isolating tel 07923 353365

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Looks like leafleting is now done, although a few more to do for maybe people who were out.

As we have a lot of residents not registered with OTRA I will be making this thread public, and rather than publishing email addresses I think it's best to put phone numbers of shopping volunteers. Is everyone OK with that?

Alternatively just publish the street reps phone numbers who can then coordinate the shopping volunteers.

By tomorrow I will collate all the volunteers we have for helping with errands, dog walking etc., contact them to double check whether to either have their phone numbers published or stick with just street reps' numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgh

rgh

Committee
Conservation
As we have a lot of residents not registered with OTRA I will be making this thread public, and rather than publishing email addresses I think it's best to put phone numbers of shopping volunteers. Is everyone OK with that?
Suggest rather than put this whole thread up as open to the public you start a new thread with an intro from you. Cleaner I think.

Hi, sorry only just registered today (Monday 23 March). I've offered to help various elderly people on Westbourne Crescent but it's good to have it organised properly, thank you.