• OTRA Coronavirus Neighbourly Care

Please look out for the more vulnerable residents - help with shopping, keep in touch if they are in isolation.

If you would like any help with supplies or just a chat, we have a list of volunteers see here

We have started a discussion on the forum for residents who are registered with OTRA see here

Soil pipe

Carol Thomas

Resident
Hi
I have just noticed the street side soil pipes on number one Oakmount Avenue appear to be blocked and overflowing- is it possible for you to inform the landlord ? or council ? I know at least one neighbor who is concerned has contacted the council but nothing has happened to date .

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Thanks for contacting the committee.

It doesn't look overflowing right now but obviously has been and definitely looks in a terrible state. Certainly a potential health hazard.

I don't believe the landlord is a member of OTRA, so the only means to contact may be via the tenants.

I am not sure that OTRA would have any more influence on the council but will suggest this to @Josie Brown who, as secretary of conservation committee, is authorised to contact the council on behalf of OTRA.

Last edited:

Carol Thomas

Resident
Thanks for contacting the committee.

It doesn't look overflowing right now but obviously has been and definitely looks in a terrible state. Certainly a potential health hazard.

I don't believe the landlord is a member of OTRA, so the only means to contact may be via the tenants.

I am not sure that OTRA would have any more influence on the council but will suggest this to @Josie Brown who, as secretary of conservation committee, is authorised to contact the council on behalf of OTRA.

View attachment 140
Thank you

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Looks like they have done a bit of a repair. Still a complete bodge but a bit more seems to be taped up.

I still won't be walking under it and will try (again) to contact the council. Wasn't very successful last time.