• OTRA Coronavirus Neighbourly Care

Please look out for the more vulnerable residents - help with shopping, keep in touch if they are in isolation.

If you would like any help with supplies or just a chat, we have a list of volunteers see here

We have started a discussion on the forum for residents who are registered with OTRA see here

Wildlife: wrens

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
Those are very nice wrens!
Thanks!

They haven't been back though, I think they learnt that it's not a good idea to build a nest in a garden frequented by at least five cats.

We actually saw them fledging and I had to rugby tackle our cat as he lunged towards one of the struggling babies.

Martin Benning

Treasurer
Committee
I can see three jays in our garden. These are fairly new visitors.
Does anyone know where the swifts nest? I think it is somewhere in Leigh Road. We have had a swift box on the side of our house in Leigh Road for about four years but no takers yet.

Pete Thomas

Committee
Conservation
I can see three jays in our garden. These are fairly new visitors.
Does anyone know where the swifts nest? I think it is somewhere in Leigh Road. We have had a swift box on the side of our house in Leigh Road for about four years but no takers yet.
No, but we get them swooping over here in Oakmount. We could do with some new wildlife, something that predates seagulls wouldn't go amiss here ((I think those nest on top of the flats)

We do have a regular hedgehog which is nice.

moggy

Resident
I realize this is an old thread, but last summer (2019) there were swifts nesting at the rear of 15 Leigh Road. Also in the past at number 17.
On the subject of birds, this year in January I noted a small fock of Redwing in our garden at 19 Leigh Rd and on 7th Feb, a male Blackcap graced us with it`s presence, feeding on peanuts.