Do join us next Friday (25th) at the next OTRA< (Oakmount Triangle Residents Association) event. On Friday 25th June 4-6pm as part of “National Cream Tea Day,” we’ll be outside 1-5 Highfield Rd.
Bring your scones, drinks, and deckchair/picnic rug. This is also part of “National Picnic week 19-27 June” and “The Big Lunch from 5 June”.
Recipe for about 9 big scones:
- Heat the oven to 210 so the scones can go in as soon as they are made.
- Mix in a mixer or by hand: 12oz plain flour, 4 tsp baking powder, 2oz cold margarine.
- Then add 200ml of any type of milk or water.
- Add optional grated cheese or any herbs.
- Squash to an inch thick then cut into scone shapes, put on any baking tray and cook straight away for 10 mins. Yum!