Following on from the recent Arts, Crafts and Plant Sale we are planning another trail, this time the Oakmount Triangle Green Trail. Residents can give/sell/swap unused pre-loved items (bric-a-brac, books, CDs, school uniforms etc…anything legal).
We are coordinating with the Southampton Repair Cafe and there will be “pop-up” repair stalls to which residents can bring along anything that needs repairing, either on the spot if possible or for advice. This may include jewellery, bikes, furniture, appliances, garden tools and more…
The date we have is Sat Sept 25 from 3 to 5 p.m. or later (with an option to postpone to following weekend if weather is bad)
This is what we are proposing so far:
- Top of Oakmount Avenue closed off. There will also be a social afterwards as the road is closed until late. Bring chairs, picnics etc.
- Live music from Saints Brass and possibly and maybe the Samba band we had last Christmas.
- Garage/drive sales: put stuff out to give/sell/swap. These can be individual or joint front garden/garage sales or else donate to a central “jumble hub.”
- Maybe garden produce?
- Repair Cafe popup repair stalls at the top of Oakmount Avenue and on residents’ driveways
- Kids trails again
- Tea/cakes stall as before at top of Oakmount Avenue
- We will invite the SCC conservation officer to drop by to answer residents’ conservation questions.
Please let us know if you:
- Would like to hold your own or joint garage sale (free/swap/sell) or have any good quality items to donate to a general jumble (pre-loved) sale.
- Host a repair stall in your front drive (will need electric socket nearby)
- Help with leafleting, setting up, clearing up etc.
- Look after the street closure (a few volunteers to do small shifts)
- Any other ideas! (e.g. open gardens worked well last time)
- Have anything you want repairing? Let us know in advance what it is please so the repairers can be ready.
If you sell anything you are welcome to donate all or some of it to our fundraising. Likewise you may donate if you get something repaired. This will go towards OTRA and Repair Cafe expenses and towards future events.
Whether or not you are involved with garage sales or repairs we hope for it once again to be a lovely informal social event with people wandering around the trail, meeting and greeting.